Reputable Breeders in Northern Ireland

Information on finding your puppy, the Assured Breeders Scheme, the Kennel Club and issues relating to breeding your Schnauzer are dealt with in this section.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
KellyB
First Name: Kelly

Reputable Breeders in Northern Ireland

Post by KellyB »

Hi everyone. I lost my 13 year old mini boy in May 2021, after much deliberation I now feel the time is right to consider bringing another into my life. I am very conscious of irreputable ‘breeders’ emerging over the times of the pandemic and just wondered if anyone on here could give me some advice on finding a new pup in Northern Ireland. Thank you in advance.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Reputable Breeders in Northern Ireland

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Kelly and welcome to the Forum :)
I am sorry to read of the loss of your mini boy last year.
Recommendations of specific breeders will have to be by private message or email only but you could have a look at the Kennel Club website for the Assured Breeders. I think there are a couple of breeders on this in Northern Ireland and they may be able to suggest other reputable breeders they know. There is a lot of useful information on the KC website for puppy seekers generally on how to avoid rogue breeders and dealers as well as in the Puppy and the Breeding sections of this Forum. Assured Breeders do have to meet high welfare requirements and are inspected regularly by Kennel Club assessors too.

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/search ... geNumber=9

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/gettin ... e-breeder/

It is always best if you can make contact with a breeder before they are advertising puppies for sale and very often the best breeders will not need to advertise at all so you need to get on a waiting list of a breeder you are confident in and have checked out beforehand. Although the winter is not a good time of year for shows, it can also be useful to attend one or more Championship dog shows to see breeders’ dogs and meet them in person. As Christmas approaches you may also find the best breeders reluctant to let puppies go until after the New Year to avoid people buying puppies as gifts and to let them go at a less frantic / busy time of year for the new families. Good luck in your search. If you are willing to research widely, to wait and to travel for a quality puppy from a caring breeder I am sure you will get another loving companion mini schnauzer before too long.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
KellyB
First Name: Kelly

Re: Reputable Breeders in Northern Ireland

Post by KellyB »

Thank you very much Zeta this is very useful information. I look forward to being part of the forum.