This might be a weird question...

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
ivand
First Name: Ivan

This might be a weird question...

Post by ivand »

Is it normal for puppies to have "Chocolate" and lots of white/gray easy to pull hairs? Let me explain

This is kaiser my 17 weeks old standard. Both his parents are full black, however I started to notice some hair around his legs and muzzle starting to "fade" to a dark brown, its kind of visible in the photo. Along with that, I've noticed lots of half black half gray/white hairs that are very easy to pull. These started to appear in the rear area but now are along his entire body. Is this the puppy coat starting to come off? Should I pull them off?

Sorry for all the questions, newbie owner here.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: This might be a weird question...

Post by zeta1454 »

Puppy coats can look different to the adult coat and usually stripping out the puppy fluff should result in new correct colour / texture hair growing back. Any hairs that come out easily can be pulled out as these will be dead hairs and need to be removed to allow the new coat to develop.

However, beard staining can happen with many dogs and there are a number of possible causes of this from additives in his food, or even just certain types of food, to minerals in the water (‘hard’ water) and sun damage which can ‘bleach’ some black dog coats. I would also ask Kaiser’s breeder for advice on this as they may be able to help with stripping the coat and also have suggestions about the coat colour changing.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/