Looking for breeders

The Standard Schnauzer is a working or utility dog and is the original breed of the three sizes. Standard Schnauzers are generally a robust, squarely built, medium-sized dog with aristocratic bearings.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
TreyL94
First Name: Trey

Looking for breeders

Post by TreyL94 »

Hi all,

I currently live in Tampa Florida (USA), and have been searching for literally hours to find breeders, but it seems like there are none in Florida which seems odd. Is there a good place to find a list of current breeders that reside in my state or just a general list for all states?
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Looking for breeders

Post by zeta1454 »

Hello Trey and welcome to the Forum :)

The Schnauzer Forum is a U.K. based forum although we do have members from around the world including the USA but there may not be many people here who can answer your query. You have posted in the Standard Schnauzer section so I assume you are looking for that particular breed and not a miniature schnauzer. In the U.K. standards are much more rare and people may have to search outside their home area and be on a waiting list for some time - I don’t know if that is also the situation in the US.

Here the breed clubs are usually helpful in advising puppy seekers of breeders to contact or the Kennel Club so it may be worth checking these out if you haven’t done so already.

I hope someone can advise you of the best place to look locally for you and give you some help with finding the best breeders. Any personal recommendations of individual breeders would have to be by PM or email :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Gehlsurf
Puppy
First Name: Matthew

Re: Looking for breeders

Post by Gehlsurf »

I am picking up a puppy from GA in about 2 weeks. Funny, I live in Saint Petersburg.

On You Tube, [removed - Mod]. Side note, I think its mandatory to have an RV if you own a standard, lol, everybody has one in the background!!

I can get more info when I'm home, my wife has been the one in communication, as it's a present for me, after my previous "big guy" passed.