Need to find a Groomer

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
miniforme
First Name: Lisa

Need to find a Groomer

Post by miniforme »

Both these sites have a drop down section with groomers in the uk.

http://www.schnauzerclub.co.uk/

http://www.northernschnauzerclub.co.uk/find_groomer.htm
ImageBig dogs in little packages
Heikismum
First Name: Lorraine

Re: Need to find a Groomer

Post by Heikismum »

Anyone in the Brighton area in need of a groomer?
I know a lady who is very experienced in both hand stripping and clipping minis.
http://www.quickpaw.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nicci
Puppy

Post by nicci »

i wonder if any one can suggest a good groomer in Devon as the Schnauzerclub does not cover there ? nicci
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

Michelle lives near there (Mitch) :)
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
wixter

Post by wixter »

Heikismum wrote:Anyone in the Brighton area in need of a groomer?
I know a lady who is very experienced in both hand stripping and clipping minis.
So do I. Hannah?
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

Can anyone recommend a good groomer in Lincoln? I did try looking on those sites listed, but the groomers listed for Lincolnshire are in the south of the county, over an hour away from where we are (central Lincoln)? Thanks!
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

I think Darwinsmum is in Lincs-she maybe able to help, or try asking Caramomo, i think she used to live there!
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

I use one of the ones you mention he lives in the south of lincs, I'm not sure how far he'd travel.
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

^^^^ Mmm, thats what I thought, didnt think they would travel up to Lincoln, it is a bit far! I would like to get a groomer from personal recommendation if possible...there is a grooming place 2 minutes frm where I live but a friend of mine who took her poodle there a few years ago didnt rate them at all. Still, I have a while to get one sorted yet, I just like (try and) be organised!

Darwinsmum, sorry to bring it up again, but I dont suppose you know when the next but one puppy class covering Sleaford is starting (on saturdays), I looked at the website but it said 17th July...I would need the one after that as Stanley is not joining us until 7th August (dogrun)
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

Hula hoop have pm'd you
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

The groomer I used was in Wainfleet, not far from Skegness, so probably a bit far from you. They did a very adequate pet trim and Cara did come out of there looking very nice a few times. As far as I know they don't strip but you would have to ask them if thats what your after. I stopped using them because I took her in once just before her season and mentioned that I was planning on having her mated that season so when I collected her they had shaved her skirt and legs right off and for some obscure reason half her beard on one side of her face. I had asked for a normal trim and as quick as her hair grows the shaved tum and legs was about 10 weeks (or one groom) too early. It just annoyed me that they went against my request and they ruined her beard without even having the courtesy to mention it when I went in to pick her up.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

Livid!
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
Little Bear

Post by Little Bear »

Caramomo wrote:The groomer I used was in Wainfleet, not far from Skegness, so probably a bit far from you. They did a very adequate pet trim and Cara did come out of there looking very nice a few times. As far as I know they don't strip but you would have to ask them if thats what your after. I stopped using them because I took her in once just before her season and mentioned that I was planning on having her mated that season so when I collected her they had shaved her skirt and legs right off and for some obscure reason half her beard on one side of her face. I had asked for a normal trim and as quick as her hair grows the shaved tum and legs was about 10 weeks (or one groom) too early. It just annoyed me that they went against my request and they ruined her beard without even having the courtesy to mention it when I went in to pick her up.

Why do groomers do that? So annoying! That happened to Little Bear too. When he was a few months old I took him to a groomer who'd been recommened, explained that I didn't want him trimmed, just groomed gently to give him a nice experiece of the groomers.

When I picked him up he was nearly bald and it was the middle of winter! Groomer was horrible and said if I didn't want a 'proper Schnauzer cut' I should have got a mongrel! I balled my eyes out! (crying)

I have a lady come to the house now and I stay with him while she does it. It's also great for picking up tips when I 'try' and do him myself!

Just did a quick google search and found a couple of mobile groomers in Lincoln area in case its helpful http://www.happyhoundsdoggrooming.co.uk/index.html

Good luck finding someone :-)
The Little Bear Dog Blog - Living, Loving and Learning with a 'problem dog'
http://thelittlebeardogblog.wordpress.com/
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

What a cow! Poor Little Bear!

Freds was groomed incorrectly on his first go (she left his tail, didn't go down his thigh enough and didn't give his skirt an angle) but I was so chuffed to bits that she was such a lovely girl and Freddy ADORED her, so I didn't mind!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

To be honest Tulip that sounds like a completely acceptable pet groom - those little niggles could easily be worked out at the next groom and if she got on so well with the dog and was prepared to listen to what you want then I'd say she sounds great. After all I get the impression that pet grooming is not always about doing the perfect 'show' trim for the pets you groom, but about giving the owner what they want whilst still trying to maintain the impression of the breed.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!