Need help using the forum. Then please ask here. We will be along shortly to give assistance about using the forum or questions about any of the features.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to ask questions about using the forum. Any specific issues relating to your dog can be raised in the appropriate section. All the advice will work on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8. Unless specified, it has not been tested on tablets or smartphones.
Dinkum
Tech Team
First Name: Dean
Dog #1: Rupert RIP
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 24 Dec 2010
Dog #2: Watson
Born: 21 Feb 2012

Post by Dinkum »

Hello everyone

We seem to be having a random problem with logging in errors. Members are putting in the correct details but the system will not let them log in. I have not experienced this myself and don't have enough information to replicate the problem. It may have something to do with the upgrades that were done in May 2018. There is another version update due and I will attempt that in November when I have more time.

Some members are concerned, when they cannot log in, that they have been blocked. This is not the case. Before any member is blocked, you will receive a warning and an explanation of why we think a block is necessary. We do not randomly block members and it will have to be a very serious infringement for that to happen.

If you do have problems logging in, check your password. It may have saved for the old site that started http://. The site runs securely now on https:// and that may cause some problems with older browsers and bookmarks. You may also want to clear your cookies if the problem persists.

If you have problems, please post a detailed explanation of what you were doing below and I will have a look at it. The more information I have, the easier it is to replicate the issues.
Dean (Dog dad)
Rupert, black mini, 24/12/10 - 01/03/24
Watson, black mini born 21/02/12

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
jacdales
First Name: Jackie
Dog #1: Hamish
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 28 May 2013
Dog #2: Suzi
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Jun 2017
Dog #3: mahri
Born: 20 May 2006

Re: Log in errors

Post by jacdales »

I have had this logging on issue before and thought it was me being thick but today I tried to log on and it kept showing and password error which I thought was odd as I had it on auto save. I requested a change of password put a new one in and still it said I had the wrong password. I tried to contact the board administrator but the link was closed I tried to respond on this page but had to log in first. Then while I was wondering if I should register again the reply box opened hence this note.
Dinkum
Tech Team

Post by Dinkum »

Strange. I upgraded the forum on Monday to the latest version. I have also been working on tracing the blank page issue.

I haven't experienced any issues with incorrect passwords, but it could be down to security changes to the password field. They have changed the way they are protected in the system to make it even harder to hack. It could be that this process has caused the problems.

I would suggest clearing any cookies you have for the forum, particularly if you set your login to 'Stayed logged in'. You can clear your cookies here. ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies

If you cannot log in after that, use the Contact Us link on the bottom right of every page to send me an email and I will see what I can do.
Dean (Dog dad)

I offer my advice freely, but I am not an expert, breeder, groomer or behaviourist. It is simply my experience of raising pups in a way that seems to make sense.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Thanks Dean I'm in, although I still had to do the captcha thing not just the new password
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Dinkum
Tech Team

Post by Dinkum »

The Captcha should only happen once. It kicks in after too many failed attempts to log in.
Dean (Dog dad)