Please help - grey/mucus stools - emergency vet?

Suffering from a bee sting, runny tummy, cut into the nail quick or had a little mishap around the house, then you can find some friendly advice here on how to deal with life's little accidents and help your dog recover quickly or calm them down, so you can get them to the vet. If in any doubt about an illness or injury, please contact your vet as soon as possible.
Forum rules
All the information provided in the First Aid section is gathered from the collective experience of our members and is provided for information purposes only. The advice contained within this section is not a substitute for professional veterinary advice, care, diagnosis or treatment. Each dog is different and may react differently to the recommended first aid advice. If you suspect your pet has a medical condition, you should consult your vet as soon as possible. You use this First Aid advice entirely at your own risk. If in doubt, speak to your Vet.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Please help - grey/mucus stools - emergency vet?

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Menna, I think it is for fear of choking as large bits can be bitten off. I also didn't like the fact that these large bits where coming out just as they went in so there is also something about how digestible they are. Don't be too hard on yourself, we have all done this.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
happy_schnappy
First Name: Menna
Dog #1: Kiki
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 28 May 2018

Post by happy_schnappy »

Thanks Leigh. I will order both those things. It's so frustrating, I just want to do everything right and I trusted that the pet shop staff (and dog owner apparently) would give me good advice! Surely that's just basic stuff about the 9m+ thing!
I'll do more research next time and take everything they say with a pinch of salt. I feel like I should complain really.

I'll stock up on pumpkin too, thanks for the tip
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

The Whimzee chews are not the worst type by any means and they do say that they are made in Holland but the guidelines are clear that they are not for under 9 months of age and breed / size is also relevant. The guide from their website:

https://www.whimzees.com/size-guide/

Don't be too down on yourself though, as Julie says, we all make mistakes with our puppies at some time or other and no real harm has been done :-)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
happy_schnappy
First Name: Menna
Dog #1: Kiki
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 28 May 2018

Post by happy_schnappy »

Thank you
I missed the bit about her weight and refusing meals - I get the impression Kiki would never refuse a meal - she wolfs it down in seconds! And she weighs a huge 4.4 kilos at 13 weeks!! I wonder if we bought a standard by mistake 🤣