Beaches near Aberdeen

Our members organise Schnauzer walks and Schnauzer Events all over the country and you will find all the details here. Join in and make some new friends for you and your Schnauzer. Feel free to share your travel tips here too.
IrmaMac
First Name: Irma
Dog #1: Bruce
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2015

Beaches near Aberdeen

Post by IrmaMac »

OH and I booked a last minute mini break near Inverurie and would like to take Bruce to the beach tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a dog-friendly beach near Aberdeen for a bouncy 8-month old Giant?

Thanks
Irma
Pennyblack
First Name: Denise
Dog #1: Pennie
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 31 Jul 2015
Dog #2: Jenson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 03 Aug 2016

Re: Beaches near Aberdeen

Post by Pennyblack »

Ok, not having had a dog for a number of years until we got Pennie a few weeks back, forgive me if I'm a Wee bit rusty with my beach recommendations!

Aberdeen beach itself is popular with dog walkers, Balmedie beach to the north has great walks and rolling dunes, Stonehaven beach to the south is also popular but is more stoney (hence the towns name I suspect). There is also Murcar beach, at Bridge Of Don, details of how to get there are in the Aberdeen Schnauzerfest thread.

Hope that helps :)
Kim (Cairn Terrier cross) saved from a puppy farm August 1987 aged approx 6 weeks, crossed the Rainbow Bridge 21/5/1993 - always missed

Ventoso Pennie Black black mini - born 31/7/2015, came home 26/9/2015
Ventoso Severus Snape -Jenson Button black mini - born 3/8/2016, came home 8/10/2016
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Send a PM to Donald - he knows the best beaches as he lives in Aberdeen. And if he is about I bet he will be happy to join you with his two giants ;)
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Post by Donald »

In Aberdeen, my personal preference is Donmouth as it is quieter. At this time of year dogs are allowed south of the Don which they aren't in the summer months.

My favourite bit of beach is at Newburgh, just north of the Trump golf course. Balmedie is great, but I prefer Newburgh.

A bit farther out, Pennan is good too.
IrmaMac

Post by IrmaMac »

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a pity we don't have more time but we're off again first thing tomorrow. I didn't get Donald's message until we got back but will keep them in mind for the next time we visit this area. Would have loved to meet Donald, Dieta and Chester too!

We opted for climbing Mither Tap from the Bennachie Centre this morning, Bruce's first proper hill, followed by lunch at the Beachside Cafe in Balmedie and a wee stroll on Balmedie Beach.

I can thoroughly recommend the Beachside Cafe - friendly staff, lovely food with a good range of options and great cakes, and they allow dogs too :-).

Can also recommend Thainstone House, where we've stayed for two nights. Very dog-friendly, great staff, comfy sofas by the fire and a nice pool and sauna/steam room for the post-walk relax.
IrmaMac

Post by IrmaMac »

Couple of pics (hopefully!) from today's walk.Image
Pennyblack
First Name: Denise
Dog #1: Pennie
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 31 Jul 2015
Dog #2: Jenson
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 03 Aug 2016

Post by Pennyblack »

Glad the weather played ball for you, can't beat this area when the sun shines :)
Kim (Cairn Terrier cross) saved from a puppy farm August 1987 aged approx 6 weeks, crossed the Rainbow Bridge 21/5/1993 - always missed

Ventoso Pennie Black black mini - born 31/7/2015, came home 26/9/2015
Ventoso Severus Snape -Jenson Button black mini - born 3/8/2016, came home 8/10/2016
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Post by Donald »

Balmedie is nice.

Glad you had a good time :)