First Aid kit

Suffering from a bee sting, runny tummy, cut into the nail quick or had a little mishap around the house, then you can find some friendly advice here on how to deal with life's little accidents and help your dog recover quickly or calm them down, so you can get them to the vet. If in any doubt about an illness or injury, please contact your vet as soon as possible.
Forum rules
All the information provided in the First Aid section is gathered from the collective experience of our members and is provided for information purposes only. The advice contained within this section is not a substitute for professional veterinary advice, care, diagnosis or treatment. Each dog is different and may react differently to the recommended first aid advice. If you suspect your pet has a medical condition, you should consult your vet as soon as possible. You use this First Aid advice entirely at your own risk. If in doubt, speak to your Vet.
Donald
First Name: Donald
Dog #1: Chester
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 01 Mar 2012

Re: First Aid kit

Post by Donald »

I got a kit from my vets and have a human one in the car always.

Bandages, micropore, sterile saline, tick removers in two sizes, diluted Hibiscrub (very handy, gets used for all sorts of minor injuries, don't use it neat), assorted other bits and bobs.

I happen to have a muzzle in the car which was used in an effort to stop Dieta scavenging which we thought was causing her IBS to flare. Sadly that wasn't the case.