Teething

Everything you need to know about bringing a puppy into your life starts here. How to find that Schnauzer puppy, what to look for in a breeder, early care, training and feeding are all covered. We even cover Schnauzer crocodile teeth.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss breeders or raise issues concerning breeders on the forum. This has created problems in the past and many breeders are not members and unable to defend any claim you may make.
Nika C
First Name: danika
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 0- 1- 0

Teething

Post by Nika C »

Unless Bran is dropping teeth on the quiet (and his adult teeth are remarkably sharp!) I don't think he has lost a single tooth yet and he turns 19 weeks tomorrow, is this normal?
I'd have thought we'd at least gave a wobbler by now, but I can't see or feel any change.
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Re: Teething

Post by Maty »

I think this was the age that Rodders started to lose them so I would expect them anytime now ;) The first I knew about it was when he stopped eating his kibble, two days later I found him playing with one on the floor :D
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Barneys spat his last tooth out at his 6 mth check up with the vet, so he's got a while yet for them to come out :))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
wifeofjp
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Wilf
Born: 09 Jul 2013
Dog #2: Olive
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 30 Apr 2015

Post by wifeofjp »

Wilf didn't really start teething til about 20 weeks and think the only thing we noticed was that he was trying to bite us more! We kept some soaked knotted socks and teething toys in the freezer which we gave him occassionally, but the whole thing went by fairly eventfully. To be honest we only ever found one tooth - and that was just a couple of weeks ago (which we've kept in a little pot :-) ).
https://www.facebook.com/misterpicklesthedog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ZiiPAngelclaws
First Name: Hayley

Post by ZiiPAngelclaws »

we think Torsten is just about to start losing teeth, he's really bitey and one of his canines looks loose, he's 17 weeks now :D
kara287

Post by kara287 »

I have a 22 week old who has just finished teething! It was about 3 weeks from start to finish and they all dropped and were replaced quickly! It'll happen soon I'm sure.... I was fascinated by her wobbly teeth and we managed to get about 6 which is very cool!

Her adult teeth are not at all like the sharp sharp sharp baby teeth......

Kara287
WhitbyWoo
First Name: Carla
Dog #1: Ted
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 21 Aug 1913

Post by WhitbyWoo »

Teds 21weeks and has got some adult teeth but I would say he's less than half way there, we haven't found 1 tooth yet that's fallen out yet, although he's a schnauzer Hoover so he's probably ate them :)
Nika C

Post by Nika C »

We have adult teeth! Most of the front top snuck through without me even noticing (baaad mummy!) we lost a lower front wobbler during the day yesterday, so hopefully a few more on the way out :-D

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Keep watch its amazing how quick they grow =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Nika C

Post by Nika C »

Spat some rear teeth out over the weekend, and a wobbly canine currently.
Did anybody's pup whine much during teething? Today Bran has been particularly whiny, not clingy at all, not like him at all. He's had nothing unusual to eat, nothing's different apart from I have the beginnings of a cold.
Can they get a little fever while teething, like babies? Could that be the what the whining is for?

Bertiezion
Puppy
First Name: Matthew
Dog #1: Bertie
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 Sep 2013

Post by Bertiezion »

Hi Nika c,
Bertie was born the same day as your Branock, Bertie is teething and is a bit whiny too so I guess it could be the teeth thing as they are the same age , Bertie does not whine normlly cant think of another reason why he's doing it. He's not eating as fast as he normally would. :D
Nika C

Post by Nika C »

Phew, glad it's not just Bran! Bran is struggling with food a bit too, but we've lost two canine teeth since last night so hopefully his intake should pick up soon :-)
How is Bertie's socialization going?

NikkiB
Puppy
First Name: Nicola

Post by NikkiB »

Monty's teeth are just starting to fall out and he is 5 months. Was a bit worried at first! :o3
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac
Born: 17 Mar 2013

Post by Maty »

Nika C wrote:Phew, glad it's not just Bran! Bran is struggling with food a bit too, but we've lost two canine teeth since last night so hopefully his intake should pick up soon :-)
How is Bertie's socialization going?

If you are feeding raw try to stick to mixes rather than bones for a few days……or feed frozen wings to soothe sore gums.

If it is kibble wetting it will help ;)

The other thing is a knotted damp sock or tea towel frozen to play with.
Maty

Rodders the Mini Pup, born 10/08/11, came home on 09/10/11
Creggan the Mini Pup, born 17/03/13, came home on 01/06/13

Proud of my Scottish Heritage
Nika C

Post by Nika C »

For a pup who's teething and massively off his food, the one thing he is guaranteed to eat is bones! Got some manifold valley coming Thursday, with a 5kg box of carcasses cause its the only thing I know he'll definitely eat!