What camera do you use?

Pictures of all our other pet family or friends and help and advice on photographing our Schnauzers.
Maisie
First Name: Hannah
Dog #1: Miss Hettie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 31 Jul 2012
Dog #2: Wilson
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Nov 2013

What camera do you use?

Post by Maisie »

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for a new point and shoot camera. I'm using my phone camera or Mikes big DSLR but want a more portable camera without the shutter lag of my camera phone.

Something more pocket sized and I have a budget of £200-£250.

Any ideas?
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: What camera do you use?

Post by BeeBee »

I've got a couple of smaller cameras that I've used and been happy with that are designed to be durable, tough little cameras which for me is helpful for my outdoor swimming, but equally I like them if I'm out walking the dogs and won't be worried if I happen to drop them if I'm running out of hands.

One is an Olympus Stylus Tough, I bought it as a reconditioned one and it's been brilliant.
I then decided to get a new waterproof one last year, and got a Pentax WG1, I think there's a better model now, this is good too, but unfortunately I left the battery casing open last year when I was swimming with it and the picture quality since has been a little affected if I zoom in a lot. It's a good model though, very handy to go in a coat pocket. I find them good for rainy days too in case I want to take a camera out.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
bazzastephens
First Name: Barry
Dog #1: Toby
Born: 11 Jun 2012

Post by bazzastephens »

Canon Digital IXUS 850 IS, had it for about 2½ years now and very happy with it. Best test of performance was a picture of my team on a team building exercise, raining in a marque therefore poor light, printed it out in colour on A0 sheet from a plotter, a little grainy but not bad.

Videos come up quiet large, but good quality of our little pup in the garden last year.

You can use manual and has reasonable adjustability, but not as good as the DSLR but what do you expect.
Macy - X Lhaso Apso gone to Rainbow Bridge - March 2012
always in our hearts our little girl
Maisie
First Name: Hannah
Dog #1: Miss Hettie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 31 Jul 2012
Dog #2: Wilson
Born: 12 Nov 2013

Post by Maisie »

Thanks, I'll get googling those.
jentucker
First Name: Jeanette
Dog #1: Flint
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Jun 2011

Post by jentucker »

I love my Sony Cybershot, the new version of which is the Model: DSC-HX20V. Full HD movies, Image Stabiliser, lots of settings to play with, the intelligent mode works great tho, we find it a great foil for our DSLR.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." (Unknown)