Meet Molly

Pictures of all our other pet family or friends and help and advice on photographing our Schnauzers.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Meet Molly

Post by BeeBee »

What a lovely story, good work Molly getting yourself a new home, one that will involve some interesting travel no doubt.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

So a progress update of the last three weeks;

First Molly has a yeast infection in her left ear. The vet looked a bit skeptical when we pointed it out and emphatically said it was an infection but one whiff and out came the prescription pad! It's been there for a while so is taking it's time to shift but it is getting better. Unfortunately Molly now recognises the boric acid bottle and is not impressed with having stuff squirted in her ear but she really enjoys getting it rubbed in, she leans into your hand, closes her eyes and groans with pleasure. On a plus the 100ml bottle of boric acid and another little bottle of stuff that goes in after were just over £2, vets are rather cheap over here!

She hasn't had her Alizin injection yet, the day we took her to the vets she started her season so we had to wait until her season is done. She was standing last week, the stray dog population at the plant doubled for a week. Now she has all finished we have spoken to the vets and they are ordering the alizin in for us, we go for that on Thursday. (Alizin will cause a pregnant bitch to reabsorb or abort any puppies and can be given up to 45 days after mating)

The vet is also searching out a Vari Kennel for her for our flight to Malaysia. If he cannot get one then the OH will order one at the end of the week as he is in the UK at the moment and he will fly it back out with him. Then we will start crate training Molly.

The girls have all been growing more settled in each others presence, about 2 weeks ago Cara and Molly had their first tentative game, very gentle and short but still a little play and lovely to see. Last Monday (8 days ago) was their first walk together as Molly is normally on her way to site with OH when I walk the schnau's and Mo bounced at Molly to try and get her to play chase. That had me beaming. On Thursday they had a bit of a run around in the garden of the apartments and all three were having a great game of tag and zoomies. The schnau's are starting to show indications that they will play with Molly in the house, it's still early days on that front but hopefully they will soon let Molly join in their games. Molly still gets told off occassionally, normally by Mo for being in her face but the times between these are getting longer. Both Cara and Mo now run over to her to say hello when Molly gets in from work with me, the first week they just tried to ignore her.

Molly is learning some commands, she is showing a beautiful recall around low distractions already - she returned flat out this morning and at one point nearly sent me sprawling as she was having a few problems with her braking system. She is learning get down and go on but I think wait may take a bit of work. She is very food orientated and very sensitive; kind words turn her tail into a helicopter rotor.

She had a few days where her toilet training slipped, a couple of puddles in the dog room but we seemed to have nipped that in the bud, we made the dog room out of bounds for about 10 days and the toileting stopped. We started leaving the gate open at the weekend and, touch wood, there have been no more accidents.

All in all everything is progressing nicely; Molly, Cara and Mo seem to be slowly becoming friends and are getting happier in each others presence every day. Molly seems to have settled into her routine, she now rarely leaves the area around my office and is always waiting by the car when it's time for home (I've been her driver for the past 10 days due to a bit of shift work and then OH back in the UK). She is progressing with her understanding of what we want with commands and her bond with both OH and me grows a little every day. She has the makings of being OH's heart dog; she is a great dog now but give her 3 months to really settle in and learn a few commands properly and she will be a fantastic dog.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Claire Farrington
First Name: Claire

Post by Claire Farrington »

Elaine what a lovely update, so glad all the girls are getting on and Molly sounds like she is going to be a wonderful dog :ymhug:
Properly Trained a man can be a dog's best friend

Sydney (Deansgate) gone to the Rainbow Bridge 19/04/2011 - Run free my little man
Jack (Silversocks Spot On) s/p mini born 10/04/2011
Jill (Silversocks Shana) s/p mini born 11/05/2011
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Nice update, can't wait to hear more as Molly settles into the family more and more and definitely how you get on in Malaysia.Are you going straight from Turkey to Malaysia or via the UK for a bit?
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

We will fly straight from here to Malaysia (Molly isn't allowed into the EU yet) as it is easiest and cheapest given the huge excess baggage charges I'll face with 30kgs over my baggage allowance, about 35kgs of dog plus about 20kgs of crate. But I will pop back to the UK for about 5 days at the beginning of May although I will be dogless. Currently the plan is that I'll finish work about June 12th and fly on 13th or 14th. It's going to be fun as this is the first time I've flown with the dogs (OH copped it last time), I'm doing all the arrangements myself for the first time (don't trust anyone else after the agent mucked it up last time) and I don't speak the language at either end. It will certainly make life interesting.
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
BeeBee

Post by BeeBee »

Brave woman you are :) Hope it all goes well.