Our 'Hugo' - 1st Anniversary 27/5/21.

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
HugoBrum
First Name: Doug
Dog #1: Hugo
is a: Black Giant Dog
Born: 28 Feb 2017
Dog #2: Nina
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 29 Nov 2019

Our 'Hugo' - 1st Anniversary 27/5/21.

Post by HugoBrum »

A year ago today, our wonderful (goofball) Giant Schnauzer , Hugo very sadly went to Rainbow Bridge. He had bone cancer and had his rear leg amputated in consequence but the cancer was speading and was on borrowed time. The image below was only taken six weeks previous and Hugo was only 4yrs 3 months old when he was taken from us. Ever since then, not a day goes by we always think of him and many an occasion, tears too. With the exception of the passing of our parents, this has been the hardest lost we have had and it hurts. We do miss him and we are not sure we will ever get over it sadly. Hugo was a wonderful dog, full of charactor, mishief, funny but most of very very loveable. Thank you for the love and memories, you were taken far too early. :( :(

Nina But never forget Hugo.
My owners are Doug and Glynis
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Our 'Hugo' - 1st Anniversary 27/5/21.

Post by zeta1454 »

Thinking of you both on this sad anniversary. Hugo looks such a handsome boy in this photo - treasured memories ❤️
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Hugo was such a handsome boy & taken too soon from you. Its absolutely heart breaking when we lose them. I still miss my Suzi who I lost 5 years ago as like Hugo so special & our first of the breed. Now have Gino who has certainly eased the pain I'm so sure that he knows how much I needed him as I could not have any better. such a loving boy
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
HugoBrum

Re: Our 'Hugo' - 2nd Anniversary 27/5/21.

Post by HugoBrum »

Well two years today (Sat 27th) since our goofball went to Rainbow Bridge and still does not seem right what so ever. 'Hugo' will never ever be forgotten and always continue to be loved and treasured. We still wish he was here but alas no! Thank you for your love, mischief and many humorous moments. =((

(Thankfully, as some of you know, earlier this year, we got another Giant Schnauzer, a 3 year old bitch called 'NIna' and she has been absolutely brilliant, different to Hugo in numerous ways but still a Giant Schnauzer with all their traits - some things don't change but in a nice way though. She is making Hugo's lost more bearable thankfully but never forget 'Hugo' though, he was something special).
Sharky980
Puppy
First Name: Steve

Post by Sharky980 »

Sorry for the loss last year so sad when they leave us so young my first Schnauzer was 1 when we lost her and I believe her spirit is still with us now along with Molly who we recently lost.
Hugo will be running free and they will all be waiting for us to one day be with them again.
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

Gosh so sad I remember Hugo, so glad that Nina is helping to ease the pain of losing Hugo, having another did the same for me when I lost Suzi, my boy is my Shadow & has helped me. Losing them is heart breaking and as time goes on its supposed to get easier but still hurts for me 6 years on. At least having another Schnauzer in your life makes it a happy life.
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
murphygrowl

Post by murphygrowl »

we lost alfie when we were on holiday in spain.he was with us and we did our normal thing every morning .a little walk a call into the local bar for a drink walked 200 metres to the car he jumped in the back and he coughed twice and he was gone.we were only a couple of mins away from the vets and 3 vets did there best alas alfie was gone.the wife wanted to drive straight home to england but changed her mind because she would not leave him in spain alone.even we had friends living there it was a NO end of story .so a very long 3 weeks before we got him back and very sad drive back to uk.the only thing that helped me was he went quick and no pain.so if there was a better way to go he went that way.he is on sideboard with the other 3 giants that we have had.i talk to them just about every day.it still hurts even now and it is many years since we lost the first one.so i think we all know what you ae going through.thinking of you
HugoBrum

Post by HugoBrum »

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes, it is appreciated.
murphygrowl wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 09:53 we lost alfie when we were on holiday in spain.he was with us and we did our normal thing every morning .a little walk a call into the local bar for a drink walked 200 metres to the car he jumped in the back and he coughed twice and he was gone.we were only a couple of mins away from the vets and 3 vets did there best alas alfie was gone.the wife wanted to drive straight home to england but changed her mind because she would not leave him in spain alone.even we had friends living there it was a NO end of story .so a very long 3 weeks before we got him back and very sad drive back to uk.the only thing that helped me was he went quick and no pain.so if there was a better way to go he went that way.he is on sideboard with the other 3 giants that we have had.i talk to them just about every day.it still hurts even now and it is many years since we lost the first one.so i think we all know what you ae going through.thinking of you
Reading your message, I found very sad and yes it must of been heartbreaking too, one minute all ok, next minute, off to Rainbow Bridge and then added agony of eventually bringing him back home too. That must of been agony but as you said Alfie did not suffer, small comfort in the circumstances. Regardless, I appreciate you writing your message and along with your thoughts, thank you.