sleeve or cone?

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
momo
First Name: Momo

sleeve or cone?

Post by momo »

hi everyone! my dog is in his 3rd day of post care leg surgery. We noticed our dog is not comfortable with anything that is in his neck and using a cone, and i'm thinking of switching into a sleeve. i saw one in the internet, https://www.licksleeve.com/. any thoughts on this product? or any suggestion for effective and faster healing of wounds? Thanks for all the help!
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: sleeve or cone?

Post by zeta1454 »

We prefer to use medical pet shirts or suitical recovery vests for our dogs post surgery although this has been for spay surgery and we have never needed to use a leg covering. I would definitely recommend these rather than a cone generally but it may depend whether your dog is likely to bite or tear at the leg covering in which case a cone might be better. You can also get soft cones which can be less stressful and more comfortable for a dog,

There is a link here to the brand we have used :

https://www.suitical.com/products/recovery-sleeve-dog

For the actual wound, the leucillin spray can help prevent infection and speed healing but your vet may have prescribed something for this anyway.

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Leucillin-Anti ... SCEALw_wcB

And a photo of one of our dogs in a soft flower cone - you can get these and others through Amazon :)

I hope your little one recovers soon.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Could you use a childs babygrow ?
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

I used a babygro on my boy when he was neutered when my last girl was spayed she came home with a lampshade but wouldnt move with it on, we removed & found that she never bothered with her wound, but did put a babygro on overnight
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Babygrow=onesie?

We used a surgical suit for our pup, I think it was better than using a cone for him. If it were my dog, I'd try the sleeve and see if he leaves it alone. Just thinking the sleeve would be less intrusive. I might even make one (DIY) with a pair of knee high's. Just cut the foot part leaving the border to wrap around the hips/torso.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Schnauzerluv wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 20:41 Babygrow=onesie?
Yep. For your info UK term onesie is used more for children and adults. Babygrow for babies and toddlers.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125168077628 ... Swvi5iGIjv

That big pond has so many language differences :)) Out of interest do you know what a "fortnight" is ? Someone on a grooming forum had said they'd changed to fortnightly stripping and loads of people were asking what it was and googling it and saying it was an english term.
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Dawnspell wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 09:53
Schnauzerluv wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 20:41 Babygrow=onesie?
Yep. For your info UK term onesie is used more for children and adults. Babygrow for babies and toddlers.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125168077628 ... Swvi5iGIjv

That big pond has so many language differences :)) Out of interest do you know what a "fortnight" is ? Someone on a grooming forum had said they'd changed to fortnightly stripping and loads of people were asking what it was and googling it and saying it was an english term.
Without googling, I'll guess it means every 4 nights. I could be totally wrong and make a fool of myself. I think some TV series and gaming uses those terms. But it's not something we (on the other side of the pond) would hear in everyday talk. I think of it as an old English term.

For fun, things I notice are "whilst" (while) , "garden" (backyard), mum (mom), bin (trash or garbage can). I'm sure there's more I'm just not thinking of. But it is interesting.

Edit: ok I googled, it is a period of 2 weeks. Never would have guessed that lol.
Last edited by Schnauzerluv on 25 Mar 2022, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.