looking for a Giant in Scotland

The Giant Schnauzer is an example of working breed of dog and has a dense, coarse coat that protects them against the elements and vermin. The Giant Schnauzer is the largest of the three breeds.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
sebi83
First Name: Sebastian

Re: looking for a Giant in Scotland

Post by sebi83 »

Hello

I stay in Colliston Have a boy Webber 6 months old and wee are looking for professional grooming Can any one help us?
Thank U :x
DRigby7
First Name: Lara

Post by DRigby7 »

Hi

I would like to introduced myself and my partner. We currently live in Scotland and are interested in the giant schnauzer breed. We currently have a 10 year old mini schnauzer in the family (not in our house, its just the two of us) but have little experience with Giant Schnauzers.

My post is very similar to the original post on this forum, as my dad has asthma and is allergic to some dogs. So far he has been fine with mini Schnauzers but i would really like him to meet some giant schnauzers to see how he reacts before looking into buying a puppy and for us to meet a few ourselves. We both live in separate houses but i would hate if my dad could not come to our house without having an exacerbation of his asthma which at the moment is very well controlled.

I have been looking for breeders in Scotland but can only find breeders in England. We would be willing to travel any distance to buy the puppy but ideally would like to meet a few giants closer to home. I have tried through family connections and work to see if anyone knew of any giants locally however i have had very little luck.

Would anybody in Scotland be willing to meet us? We live in the central belt.

Thank you
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

Hi Lara

I'm a 'Mini' owner but have you looked around Facebook as there are quite a few Schnauzer walks dotted around the country (I attend one now and again in Beckenham Park) and on these walks you generally get a mix of mini and giant (not very many standards around), at least that way you could start a conversation with someone and take it from there.......just an idea :D

There is a 'Giant Schnauzer UK' group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1614425375443027/ and a 'Giant Schnauzer Walks' group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/235934890597379/

Good luck
Mike
DRigby7
First Name: Lara

Post by DRigby7 »

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for your reply. I will have a look at the links and see if I can find a local walk or something close.

Lara