Will Neturing help URGENT HELP PLEASE

Training, Behaviour and Dog Sport all have their own section, so please post your question where you feel it is most appropriate.
snerw0n
First Name: brian
Dog #1: cassie
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 18 Jun 2006

Will Neturing help URGENT HELP PLEASE

Post by snerw0n »

Hi
Before I give up on hettie and cassie our vet has said that maybe having them both netured may help
I dont want to put money into this but its not going to be cheap and if it will work i will be happy to spend my last penny on them, but was wondering has anyone else had this problem and has this helped?
The vet can do them both Wednesday so really need your advice
cassie , p/s schnauzer
Tulip

Re: Will Neturing help URGENT HELP PLEASE

Post by Tulip »

I think it would, honestly. Pack dynamics can decrease in tension without hormones involved - less hormones in general combined with training could be the answer for you!

I would also look at NILIF (Nothing in life is free) training, as it can really help dogs that fight amongst themselves realise it isn't their responsibility to decide pack dynamics between themselves.

Really hope this works out for you lovely, keep us updated!
snerw0n
First Name: brian
Dog #1: cassie
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 18 Jun 2006

Post by snerw0n »

after speaking to hillary it seems there is little chance of this working now so again we feel we have no choice and she is going into schnauzer rescue possibly on wednesday.
cassie , p/s schnauzer
Snazy
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Tara
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 09 Sep 1998
Dog #2: Fria
is a: White Mini Bitch
Born: 15 Apr 2012
Dog #3: Vala
Born: 28 Feb 2012
is a: Black Giant Bitch

Post by Snazy »

I have heard from a few behaviourists that neutering a dominant bitch can make matters worse!
'Pedigree indicates what the animal should be
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be
But performance indicates what the animal is'

Anonymous

Beanara Minature & Giant Schnauzers
schett

Post by schett »

how oftan they do fight is it every day or a few times a week ? We have 19 standards here and we have a few i have to keep an eye on they are not domanate just bullys with the younger ones we do however have a pack leader and so on .
I have someone who own two males who live togather quite happy but they do have the odd fight now and again most off the time its another dog that starts them off I would not give up all hope just yet if you like to PM me or give me a call cant try to work out why it is always better to get more then one person telling you things in males it can sometimes work by haveing them done as a out side its hard to give you all the right answers its so much easyer when you know all the facts wot makes them fight in most packs there as the be a leader we are on top in the pack but in the dogs world they need a leader too this is one reason why I always keep mums with all the litter till the last one gos as she is always there to sort out any problems esp in a big standard litter by 6-7 weeks some of the pups are bullys to other litter mates and mum oftan steps in if you call me i can try to talk you though some things dont give up hope just yet almost everything can be done it may take time and a little bit of life changeing but hopefully it could work
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

So sorry to hear that, Jan. :c

Jo, I've heard that it can confuse a bitch in a large pack who was previously top dog and suddenly is plummeted.
riiseni

Post by riiseni »

Snazy wrote:I have heard from a few behaviourists that neutering a dominant bitch can make matters worse!
Spaying will sometimes result in an increase in testosterone influence, therefore it can cause increased aggressive and dominant behaviour.
Here's a link that might interest you http://www.canismajor.com/dog/feisty.html
Giants in my life
Lizzie
Annie
Erik
Archie 2003-2010

Most Friendship is Feigning, most Loving mere Folly.
-Shakespeare-