too much sneezing

The Standard Schnauzer is a working or utility dog and is the original breed of the three sizes. Standard Schnauzers are generally a robust, squarely built, medium-sized dog with aristocratic bearings.
Forum rules
Please feel free to post here if your topic does not fit into one of the categories under 'Caring for your Schnauzer'. There are sections for breeding, feeding, grooming, showing and many more that may be more appropriate than this generic section
nikos_marinos
Puppy
First Name: nikos

too much sneezing

Post by nikos_marinos »

My Franco is 8 months old. The last 10-15 days I hear a sound like he has phlegms but I can not understand if its coming from his mouth or his nose. Also he is sneezing many times during the day. I suppose that its spring allergy. He eats, plays, sniffs normaly. We have an appointment to the vet but at 30 of May. What should I do till then?
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: too much sneezing

Post by zeta1454 »

The vet is the only one who can diagnose what is causing the sneezing. If you think it is allergies from plant pollen or something outside you could try to keep Franco indoors more. If it is something in the home - cleaning products, sprays or some new fragrance you could stop using the product to see if it makes a difference. However it could be that a grass seed or something similar has caught in his nostril so you don’t want to do too much until you have a diagnosis.

There are some suggestions on this link, if it is seasonal allergies but do be aware that it may be some other cause:

https://www.dogtopia.com/blog/dog-seasonal-allergies/

If Franco is well apart from the sneezing, eating, playing normally and his usual self, try not to worry. If anything changes though, I would contact the vet again for an earlier appointment if possible.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
nikos_marinos
Puppy
First Name: nikos

Re: too much sneezing

Post by nikos_marinos »

Tnks Zeta. He seems ok allthough his sneezing is louder than my old man's I wiil check the link.