Trembling Front Legs

Looking after the health and welfare of your Schnauzer can be a full time job. You will find information on neutering, spaying, vaccinations, vet visits, upset tummies, Schnauzer bumps and much more here. Ask a question and someone will have had a similar experience. We also appreciate updates on how your Schnauzer is recuperating. A separate section is dedicated to our older Schnauzers.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Re: Trembling Front Legs

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Hi Carole, welcome to the forum. I remember starting this thread, seems ages ago now. Is the trembling when he doesn't have any weight on his leg so leg is touching the ground but not firmly? If so then it does appear that quite a few schnauzers have this "quirk". If it is something different then try and explain it. Your post has reminded me about Otto doing this and actually I haven't seen Otto do it for months.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
GoEmGo
First Name: Emma
Dog #1: Montgomery (Monty)
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 22 Dec 2018

Post by GoEmGo »

Hi Carole, that's not a very pleasant response from Yoki's breeder at all. I wrote about our boy, Monty a couple of posts before yours I think. He is now 8 months old and still has the leg tremble thing on occasion! Like Julie just said, it's very much when he sits but doesn't have weight on his leg. Mention it to your vet if you are worried. Is Yoki still in need of his second vaccination - this might be a good time?
rodbust
First Name: Rodney

Post by rodbust »

I love this web! I keep finding interesting posts.
Keeper had the same issue when he was younger (since we have him, 3 m.o.). Asked the vet, she examined him and said it seemed not relevant. She said we should wait for him to grow. I can’t remember how old he was when the tremors disappeared but he is 1y.o. now and no issues whatsoever.
Hope the info is useful for new members.
Good luck
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Old thread, sorry if I shouldn't rehash, but my 2 last minis Snoop and Chelsea both used to have this same thing. Pretty sure it was all their life. Their mother had it as well.
Now my boy Ozzy is completely unrelated, he is 6 months tomorrow and his front leg (just one at a time) will tremble on occasion as well.
It's not something I ever worried about, I thought it was normal, but recently I wondered if it had anything to do with excersise. Like overdoing it?
Just thought I'd add 4 minis to the list.
Frederickdawg
First Name: Freddy
Dog #1: Tobias
Born: 07 Jul 2021

Post by Frederickdawg »

I just noticed our 14 week old Tobias doing the front leg trembling. It's warm here in Florida. So not temp related.
Female black and silver mini born 15.1.14. Gone way too soon. RIP my sweet darling Sept 28 2021 😭 we'll never forgot Cleo. You left a hole in our hearts.

Male black and silver mini born 7.7.21, you naughty boy Tobias. :p “time for jail “. ( crate ).
Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Limeybastard wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 23:07 I just noticed our 14 week old Tobias doing the front leg trembling. It's warm here in Florida. So not temp related.
Did Cleo's front legs tremble at all? The trembling seems to have stopped now, Ozzy is 15 months old. Seemed to happen as a pup after excersise. I thought maybe I was taking him too long? Do you notice that?

Or maybe a nervous thing? Or excitement/anticipation? My pup used to be nervous/fearful until he matured. Purely just brainstorming....
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

Schnauzerluv wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 00:10
Limeybastard wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 23:07 I just noticed our 14 week old Tobias doing the front leg trembling. It's warm here in Florida. So not temp related.
Did Cleo's front legs tremble at all? The trembling seems to have stopped now, Ozzy is 15 months old. Seemed to happen as a pup after excersise. I thought maybe I was taking him too long? Do you notice that?

Or maybe a nervous thing? Or excitement/anticipation? My pup used to be nervous/fearful until he matured. Purely just brainstorming....
That's a good question. I don't remember to be honest. But I'm finicky and guessing that if it did, I would have noticed it at the time.
Female black and silver mini born 15.1.14. Gone way too soon. RIP my sweet darling Sept 28 2021 😭 we'll never forgot Cleo. You left a hole in our hearts.

Male black and silver mini born 7.7.21, you naughty boy Tobias. :p “time for jail “. ( crate ).
Frederickdawg

Post by Frederickdawg »

I'm not noticing it anymore. Weird.

Schnauzerluv

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Thanks for updating