Behaviour Section

Barking, humping, aggression are covered here. If you have a behavioural issue, please raise it here. Whether it be good or bad.
dannie_kl

Behaviour Section

Post by dannie_kl »

Right folks, I hope you will all find this section useful. I hope it will be a place for people to discuss dog behaviour, theories on the subject and evolving methods. also its a place to talk about some of your dogs undesirable behaviours or behavioural issues you may be experiancing with your dog, if its behvaiour related here is the new place to discuss it! [doghouse]
Tulip

Re: Behaviour Section

Post by Tulip »

That's fantastic, thank you admin team! :D
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

OOh thanks! Maybe I should have put my humping query in here...?
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Guinevere
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Arthur
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 28 Dec 2009

Post by Guinevere »

Oooh rushing there now to ask a question
Riesen16
First Name: Gillian
Dog #1: Enya von Amber
is a: P/S Giant Bitch
Born: 30 Sep 2015

Post by Riesen16 »

Here in Switzerland, and in Germany, many dog owners are often unaware of the nature of their dogs and their canine history.

Many , many people are unaware of the initial use of the dog.

The Schnauzer was initially a rat killer. My mother-in-law always remembers the Pepper Salt "Rattlers". She said they were the best of all.

I find it is a great shame, that "wouldbe owners" are not often aware of the origin of the dog of their choice. Many see "a sweet face" and a size that would be easy to handle??

Many think that hours playing with other pups / dogs is sufficient.

A pup, dog, needs training. It doesn't need hours of playing with other pup / dogs. It needs exercises that causes it to "think"*, i.e. tracking, searcing for articles, obedience exercises etc.

All dogs have good noses. A Schnauzer has not only a good nose but the ability to use it, given the correct training.

Our Fila Brasileiro was able to use his "good nose" as were his forefathers, i.e. Bloodhounds.

The Schnauzer, as I see it, has an advantage over many other dogs with good noses. It is easy to train in nosework. It does not have the crazy drive of other dogs.