Who has had/ has got the oldest dog......

Feeding, training and healthcare for our older furry bearded friends.
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Re: Who has had/ has got the oldest dog......

Post by BeeBee »

Wow, 17.5 is a terrific age, that's so wonderful.
Our old girl, Jasmine lived to exactly,to the day, 14.5 years. Its a long time to live together, share so much love and then be left. I read somewhere that the dog-human relationship is so special for many reasons, but one being humans almost never have human friends that they go through their entire lives together with, from infancy, adolescence, maturity, old age and on.....it resonated strongly with me that thought.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
amandah
Puppy
First Name: Amanda
Dog #1: Brynsmore Supertramp
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 02 Jan 1997

Post by amandah »

My little girl Heidi (see post 16/5/14) finally left us when she was just 12 days short of her 18th birthday.

Our vets were amazed by her and promised to put up a portrait of her in their waiting room if she made it to 21!.

I had to add an extra page to her vaccination record and checked her microchip was still working every year!
Heidi - Brynsmore Supertramp 02/01/97 to 21/12/14 Forever missed never forgotten
Waiting until the time comes I can share my life again with another special mini
heathergod
Puppy
First Name: Hev
Dog #1: Tilly
Born: 01 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Gertie
Born: 01 Jan 2009
Dog #3: Lottie
Born: 01 Jan 2009

Post by heathergod »

My ex-puppy farm mini-schnauzer girl, Tilly, was about 5 when we got her, and we have had her for 10 years. She is the matriarch of three other puppy farm minis - and a greyhound stray. Her sight is failing and she had a vestibular problem just after Christmas, so now walks with her head on one side, looking very quizzical, and her back legs don't work very well, but she doesn't appear to be in pain, can smell a sausage at 100 metres and, provided we keep an eye on her, is still managing to be clean in the house. She and my husband have had a long love affair - I only hope when I am really old that he looks after me as well as he does her!Image Tilly is the one at the back in the pic!
bertiebobs
First Name: Liz

Post by bertiebobs »

We said goodbye (pts) our rescue dog Skippy, a 90% golden Cairn terrier last November, he was at least 17, we took him on aged 8 but had his first inoculation receipts giving their date, so if he received them aged 12 weeks then he was 17 and 3 months when he passed on. Our previous dog, another crossbreed terrier was 16, so have high hopes for Bertie the Schnauzer whom we adopted last week aged 21 months. hope he doesn't outlive us though, :))
katewallis
Puppy
First Name: kate

Post by katewallis »

Wow!!! Spot certainly takes the dog-biscuit!! Our Maisie is working on it.She's snoring away in her bean-bag behind me.She gave the Airedale a right sorting today for cheek!To reach 19 would be cool, but I'm pragmatic about such things, and so's Maisie.
katewallis
Puppy

Post by katewallis »

I'm still in awe of Spot, but our Maisie, down here in NZ, is still romping-on at 18. Must be something in the water.....
katewallis
Puppy

Post by katewallis »

I feel a bit weird now, seeing all these posts, and realising that my mini-schnauzer, Maisie, at 18 is a bit unusual! Perhaps there's something in the artesian water here in Christchurch(NZ).I've always baked my own treats, full of ground-linseed, with a dash of molasses. Happy to give the recipe! The old girl's usually first in the queue for them, big dogs behind her.Am loving reading about all the other schnauzers. May they all live long, and happily.
katewallis
Puppy

Post by katewallis »

Well, dear old Maisie became ill suddenly last week, and was PTS.She was at the front of the food-queue, as usual, the previous day, but something caught up with her and she was in great pain, so it had to be done. She leaves 18 years of very happy memories. :( :(
Champ629
First Name: Karen

Post by Champ629 »

Really sorry to hear about Maisie, she had a wonderful long life with you. Remember all the good times xxx
Miniature Schnauzers: Sophie, Freddie and Dory

RIP Cody 17/02/23
RIP Jake 29/10/21
RIP Jenny 28/01/20
RIP Dee Dee 12/02/13
RalphDenton
First Name: William

Post by RalphDenton »

Our Ralph is new to the group! He’s 17 1/2 years old we think. We got him from a schnauzer rescue when he was about a year old. He loves to climb on top of the highest pillow to nap. Other than bad breath he’s still going strong!!

Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Aw William, Ralph looks absolutely adorable thanks for posting that photo - I do so love the old schnauzer, welcome to the group. Well done to you both, you brought a tear to my eye. If he is still climbing at that age my goodness he is doing well and who cares about a bit of bad breath. Hope he is still enjoying life. Any tips for mini schnauzer longevity? Nice to see brand new pups and wise old chaps on the forum.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Robin black mini
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Robin
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 13 Dec 2014
Dog #2: Stanley st poodle
Born: 24 Nov 2012

Post by Robin black mini »

Welcome Ralph and William..I hope my dog lives such a long and happy life as many in this thread..it's inspiring .
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

I have a old girl Molly who was born on 8 April 2003 so she's nearly 15 years and 8 months old. She lives with my ex-wife in Belfast. Her pedigree name is Country Girl at Heart.

She sleeps about 20 hours a day, still enjoys to go out for a short walk on the flat and sometimes forgets that she's not a pup anymore and tries to catch a squirrel in the woods.

She waits at the bottom of stairs to be carried and puts her head on seats as a signal to be lifted. She's now totally deaf but is in otherwise good health. I get regular updates about her from my youngest daughter.

Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Archiesmum
First Name: Jan

Post by Archiesmum »

My mini schnauzer cross Jack Russell was 17 my cocker was 14 and my little mini schnauzer is 16