Technical advice needed

Pictures of all our other pet family or friends and help and advice on photographing our Schnauzers.
nessclair
First Name: Vanessa
Dog #1: Monty
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Sep 2010

Technical advice needed

Post by nessclair »

I need to buy a new computer as my desktop of several years is now not really able to cope with what I need it for, and I am looking around to see what would be my best buy. I bought a new camera last christmas, so would really like to edit photos. I also need to be able to produce Word documents, and obviously connect to the internet for emails and the schnauzer forum :) I would prefer a portable device now, but am guessing that a tablet won't do all I need it to, so a laptop would probably be better? I have about £400 to spend, but could find extra if needed. Any recommendations?
Ness and Monty (S/P mini born 21.9.10 rehomed with me 13.8.11)
Lulu5779
Puppy
First Name: Louise

Re: Technical advice needed

Post by Lulu5779 »

Microsoft surface pro? It is a tablet of switches to a desktop with excel, word and PowerPoint already built it. It's light and portable with keyboard if required.
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Re: Technical advice needed

Post by Eddie »

The Microsoft surface is good but my understanding is that it's more of a tablet than a PC and I thought it would only run Microsoft software.
We have just bought Judie a HP laptop which runs Windows 8 but the screen detaches and becomes a very nice tablet.It will also run any software that your PC will run and I'm not sure that the Surface will do that but I'm happy to be corrected.
You can also use Google to look at the alternatives.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image