what size collar for female puppy?

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
Jess0895
Puppy
First Name: Jess

what size collar for female puppy?

Post by Jess0895 »

hi everyone, so ill be expecting a girl mini schnauzer puppy soon, do any of you have any recommendations on sizes? its been years since ive had a small puppy so I literally don't know what size to get.

thank you :)
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: what size collar for female puppy?

Post by zeta1454 »

Hi Jess, as a first collar for a puppy it can be best to buy one without eyelets initially that can be adjusted to fit until you are confident of the size or your puppy is big enough for an adult collar. This is an example:

https://www.ancol.co.uk/dog/dog-walk/do ... cm-size-1/

Are you visiting your puppy beforehand? You should really be arranging to meet mother and pups at the breeder's before collecting your puppy or, if you are absolutely certain about the integrity of the breeder and not able to visit (taking into account restrictions on travel), you could check with the breeder as to size for your particular puppy. Pups do vary somewhat in size and do grow fast though so an adjustable type as linked to above may still be your best option.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Jess0895
Puppy
First Name: Jess

Re: what size collar for female puppy?

Post by Jess0895 »

zeta1454 wrote: 07 Jun 2020, 07:36 Hi Jess, as a first collar for a puppy it can be best to buy one without eyelets initially that can be adjusted to fit until you are confident of the size or your puppy is big enough for an adult collar. This is an example:

https://www.ancol.co.uk/dog/dog-walk/do ... cm-size-1/

Are you visiting your puppy beforehand? You should really be arranging to meet mother and pups at the breeder's before collecting your puppy or, if you are absolutely certain about the integrity of the breeder and not able to visit (taking into account restrictions on travel), you could check with the breeder as to size for your particular puppy. Pups do vary somewhat in size and do grow fast though so an adjustable type as linked to above may still be your best option.

Hi, thank you for replying and your help.
yes, don't worry I have seen the puppies and mother, fortunately for me its my older brother and his wife who are the breeders (they have been KC Assured breeders for 6 years now).
I probably could off asked them but I've been asking so many questions I think im being annoying :)) so thought id just do some research myself, but I am actually going to be looking after the mother and her pups for a day as my brother starts back at work with his business and will be back really late and his wife is also working long shifts over that weekend as overtime, so I can check my pups neck size whilst im there. :)