Smelly drive!

Found a nice dog coat? Found a cozy pub that's Schnauzer friendly or even a Schnauzer friendly B&B. Feel free to share it here. Basically anything that we would want to buy for our Schnauzer goes here.
polly101
First Name: Jessica

Smelly drive!

Post by polly101 »

I have six dogs and they have been toileting on the drive recently, I have noticed it has become quite smelly. Obviously poop is disposed of immediately. It is not a problem in the garden but I wondered what dog safe, outdoor products you use to minimise odours?
GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Re: Smelly drive!

Post by GaryThomlinson »

I'd simply hose the drive now and then with a mild disinfectant.
Gary
polly101
First Name: Jessica

Post by polly101 »

I'm not sure which to try.
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

If it is very smelly try Jeyes Fluid, it is very good
blackgiant

Post by blackgiant »

Another vote for Jeyes Fluid here

It's fabulous for removing smells and also kills green algae better than powerwashing.
Cath in Christchurch
living with
Lottie -Giant P&S
Heidi -Giant Black
Troy -Standard P&S
Suzy - Honorary Schnauzer (aka Standard Poodle)
Arran - Bearded Collie - another Honorary Schnauzer
Clover - Bearded Collie - yet another Honorary Schnauzer
Sharon H
First Name: Sharon
Dog #1: Falls of Clyde
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 14 Jul 2009
Dog #2: Lichstone Midnight L
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 08 May 2011
Dog #3: Quickpaw Mr Blue Sky
Born: 12 Dec 2013
is a: B/S Mini Dog

Post by Sharon H »

Another vote for Jeyes
Lou78
First Name: Louise
Dog #1: Ollie
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 26 Jun 2013

Post by Lou78 »

Love Jeyes Fluid! great for round the bins etc. Quite a strong smell but definitely the best. Ollie never "goes" on our patio or drive...he is definitely more of a grass man but at my mum's there is no grass so he favours her gravel and rockery! One dose of Jeyes though and all traces gone!
Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Post by Bodee »

I always used Detol out of Costco. I thought well if it was ok for me......... It is always raining here anyway so most smells including the Detol were swept away fairly quickly.
I used it in a watering can and sprayed it where Max's toilet area was. If I didn't have any I used the Laundry Detol. :) again diluted.
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Smelly drive!

Post by zeta1454 »

We use the Safe4 range of disinfectants and cleaners which we first started using to clean the whelping box and puppy play pens. We have also used it to clean the patio area and the artificial grass play areas for the pups. It is available direct from the company or through other outlets including Amazon and Hyperdrug:

http://www.safe4disinfectant.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We also use the Pet Bed wash when we have young puppies especially as it is specifically tailored for combating disease organisms at low temperatures but is safe for the pups and dogs. It has cleaned some items so well we did consider using it for our main washing but it is a bit pricey for that :-)

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Pet-Bed-Wash ... /PETBEDW1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Bodee
First Name: Boyd

Post by Bodee »

zeta1454 wrote:We use the Safe4 range of disinfectants and cleaners which we first started using to clean the whelping box and puppy play pens. We have also used it to clean the patio area and the artificial grass play areas for the pups. It is available direct from the company or through other outlets including Amazon and Hyperdrug:

http://www.safe4disinfectant.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We also use the Pet Bed wash when we have young puppies especially as it is specifically tailored for combating disease organisms at low temperatures but is safe for the pups and dogs. It has cleaned some items so well we did consider using it for our main washing but it is a bit pricey for that :-)

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Pet-Bed-Wash ... /PETBEDW1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good shouts Zeta, I will look into them, they look interesting.