Farewell our little princess Pepper

Saying goodbye to our Schnauzers is the hardest part. Share your memories here as we bid farewell to our beloved friends. They've crossed the bridge and returned to the meadow in full health and free of injuries. Running free. We won't forget.
ChillPepp
First Name: JamesandKatherine
Dog #1: Chilli
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 22 Jul 2011
Dog #2: Pepper
is a: P/S Mini Bitch

Farewell our little princess Pepper

Post by ChillPepp »

Our little soldier has passed over the rainbow bridge. Her little body could no longer fight all that was wrong. She was 7 and a half and had had a liver shunt all her life without showing any signs of it. Unfortunately this week she was also diagnosed with pancreatitis she had hidden the pain she was in for as long she could but could take it no more.

We made the hardest decision ever but is was for the best, she could no longer even lift her head up. There was no spark or recognition left in her eyes and when the injection came she was gone in seconds.

We will remember the amazing memories she gave us and her little diva ways. She had us wrapped around her little paw.

mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Re: Farewell our little princess Pepper

Post by mikegoodson1 »

I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news, what a beautiful girl she looked. I don't know what else to say other than try and be strong for Chilli - how is Chilli coping with the loss of a sibling (I'm guessing they were related).
ChillPepp
First Name: JamesandKatherine
Dog #1: Chilli
Dog #2: Pepper

Post by ChillPepp »

mikegoodson1 wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 16:05 I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news, what a beautiful girl she looked. I don't know what else to say other than try and be strong for Chilli - how is Chilli coping with the loss of a sibling (I'm guessing they were related).
Chilli is doing well, we took him with us when she was put to sleep and let him sniff her as she went. Once she was gone he would no longer smell her. We are keeping a close eye on him and will have to discuss maybe getting him a new companion later on. He was always the more independent of the two. If this was the other way around Pepper would be just completely lost without him.
mikegoodson1
First Name: Mike
Dog #1: Oscar
is a: Black Mini Dog
Born: 17 Oct 2015
Dog #2: Sasha
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 23 Sep 2017

Post by mikegoodson1 »

I think that is really thoughtful to let him say goodbye to Pepper too, at the same time you did.

I just feel so sad for you, to lose Pepper at such a young age :(
schnauzer
First Name: Christine
Dog #1: Suzi (RIP) 13/4/17
Born: 15 May 2004
Dog #2: Gino/Siglette Shadow
Born: 09 May 2017

Post by schnauzer »

So sorry to read that Pepper has gone over I’m hoping that my girl Suzi will be playing with her. It’s so heartbreaking when they go, Pepper was way too young. I’m thinking of you both at this sad time as know you will be hurting so much, 19 months on & it still hurts for me. They leave a big gap in your life. Take care x
Christine & Gino (Siglette Shadow (born 9/5/17 ---

Suzi (15/5/04---13/4/17) (Sugarbabe) RIP loved you to the moon & back, miss you so so much precious girl
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Lovely photos and memories of your beautiful Pepper.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
redalert
First Name: Sue
Dog #1: Fizz
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 09 Jan 2010
Dog #2: Bo
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 16 Jan 2012

Post by redalert »

So sorry to hear your sad news, it is so difficult to say goodbye but you know deep down that you are doing the best for them and that is what we have been put on this earth to do for them, god bless her.
Schnauzer Sam
First Name: Sam
Dog #1: Rosie
Born: 06 Jul 2017
Dog #2: Edie
Born: 11 Jun 2018

Post by Schnauzer Sam »

James and Katherine,

Thank you for sharing your photo's of Pepper.

The only negative about owning a dog is having to say goodbye, and that goodbye often feels far too soon. I'm sure you know you did the right thing for her and couldn't have done anymore but it still won't take away the loss you have. I hope you can take comfort from the happy memories you have of her.

I'm pleased to read that you are considering a new companion for Chilli at some stage and it made me think of the quote from Erica Jong. “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big.”
Country Girl at Heart (Molly) 8 April 2003 - 22 December 2018

You're never alone when you own a schnauzer

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Rosie-and-E ... 872588622/
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

So sorry to hear this. It really is the worst part of pet ownership. Many of us have been there and know exactly what you are going through. We lost our Eddie six years ago and we still think about him every day. Time helps so just remember the good times.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image