Need to find a Groomer

Grooming is an important part of looking after your Schnauzer. Regular grooming will help keep your Schnauzer healthy and comfortable and you will spot potential problems early. Whether you decide to clip or strip your Schnauzer, help is on hand. Schnauzers are generally a non-shedding breed and will require a fair amount of grooming to get rid of dead hair.
Tulip

Re: Need to find a Groomer

Post by Tulip »

Exactly- I love it when groomers work to the lifestyle of the pet!
daisys_mummy

Post by daisys_mummy »

The drop downs seem to think Wales doesn't exist - does anyone know of a good show groomer within about an hour of Wrexham?(North East Wales)
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Maybe there is just no one on the breed clubs list who lives in that area? sorry i dont know anyone either.
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

I would like to find a different groomer. The last few times I have taken Stanley I have said what I want and things are never quite right, like last time I said dont touch the beard (as I wanted to grow it) and he still came back with a very obviously trimmed beard! i would like to try having a bit of a flowing one like I see some lovely dogs on here have, but they keep flippin' cutting it! Fair enough they had to shave his skirt because it was matted - my fault I know, but we have worked really hard on this and he will now lay on his back to let me comb his tummy (giggle) so Im hoping problems in this area will no longer be an issue. Last time aswell they cut his leg furnishings short too.

I want my schnauzer to look more like a schnauzer (crying) ie, stocky and square, instead he looks kinda tall and lanky (yes I know he is tall, but still...! (giggle) )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

I'm not trying to sound rude, but, in my opinion, he isn't cut properly. His skirt is too far up this thigh, his chest isn't close enough, and his tail isn't clipped enough. I would definately see a new groomer my love!

Not sure of one though, lol - what about Heather's groomer, is she taking on any new clients? Darwin and Mia always look stunning (of course Stanley does too, he's lush in any hair cut!).
hula-hoop

Post by hula-hoop »

^^^ I know what you mean Beth you arent being rude! The skirt, well that is just growing back from being shaved off, so it isnt really the groomers fault, more mine for not being able to brush Stans tummy months ago - as I said, this isnt a problem now so Im hoping it will grow back nicely and I will keep it mat free. The tail? Well yes I keep asking for a short tail but this is as short as I get it, Ive contemplated taking the scissors to it myself!! I wish I could find someone who knows about schnauzers through personal experience, rather than being a general groomer. *sigh* Heather actually lives quite far from me so I dont think her groomer will cover this area (we are quite rural here in Lincs!)

Ive contemplated trying to book him in at the local grooming college - figured though that it could go one of two ways; either he will be done really well as they will play close attention to what a schnauzer should look like...or it could go the otherway and he could end up all shaved off! Dont think Ive got the bottle to take the risk (giggle)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Lol. I wish you lived closer, I love clipping Schnauz!
hula-hoop

Post by hula-hoop »

^^^ I know, I wish I lived closer too, I need someone who knows about schnauzers!
Caramomo
Site Admin
First Name: Elaine
Dog #1: Cara
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 05 Dec 2006
Dog #2: Momo
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 14 Aug 2009
Dog #3: Molly
Born: 01 Aug 2010

Post by Caramomo »

Will pm you
Cara and Mo, two black mini's and Molly a black & white Heinz 57 all served by Elaine, the cook, poop picker, and chief toy thrower.
I live by the Mini Schnauzer code; when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Elaine to the rescue! :D
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

i'd be wary of the local college! having attended a college for my training and not been trained properly there i dont have much faith in them and i do remember some of the booboo's which were made in our class lol
Snazy
First Name: Jo
Dog #1: Tara
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Born: 09 Sep 1998
Dog #2: Fria
is a: White Mini Bitch
Born: 15 Apr 2012
Dog #3: Vala
Born: 28 Feb 2012
is a: Black Giant Bitch

Post by Snazy »

I don't think he looks to bad, all I would do is next time when you go to collect him, just ask then for them to take off the extra bits of hair before you pay them or make sure you leave written instuctions on exactly how you want him ie things like 'X cm of hair left on legs', not just 'longer then last time'.

If there is more then one groomer there, make sure you talk to the one who will be grooming him.
'Pedigree indicates what the animal should be
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be
But performance indicates what the animal is'

Anonymous

Beanara Minature & Giant Schnauzers
Darwinsmum

Post by Darwinsmum »

My Groomer is coming this morning, he does live a long way from me but I will ask him for you to see how far he will travel.
Darwin and Mia 2 heatbeats at my feet
A life without dogs - I don't think so!
www.lincsdogtraining.co.uk
hula-hoop

Post by hula-hoop »

Thanks guys!
dannie_kl

Post by dannie_kl »

Hula did you sort yourself out another groomer?