Turkey breast and now under the weather and small sick

BARF refers to Biologically Appropriate Raw food or Bones and Raw Food. It is where owners have decided to feed their Schnauzer a natural diet of raw meat, bones, and organs. If you are considering this for your Schnauzer, you will find lots of handy tips here.
Frederickdawg
First Name: Freddy
Dog #1: Tobias
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 07 Jul 2021

Turkey breast and now under the weather and small sick

Post by Frederickdawg »

Perhaps it was my fault, it normally is. I have Toby a fairly large piece of cooked turkey breast yesterday afternoon minus the skin.
Then during his puppy classes he had lots of bill jac puppy treats. A few hours later I gave him half a chicken wing with skin uncooked. Wasn’t his first time eating raw chicken wings. That was around 8pm. During that night be felt a little less than his active self and also had those type of mouth movements which indicate regurgitate or a vomit is due. He vomited a bit of turkey breast and bad runny poo this morning.
Do you think perhaps he was over fed ? I remember Cleo couldn’t eat lean turkey either.
Female black and silver mini born 15.1.14. Gone way too soon. RIP my sweet darling Sept 28 2021 😭 we'll never forgot Cleo. You left a hole in our hearts.

Male black and silver mini born 7.7.21, you naughty boy Tobias. :p “time for jail “. ( crate ).
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: Turkey breast and now under the weather and small sick

Post by Dawnspell »

Runny poo can be a sign of overeating. The body cant digest it quick enough so gets it out of the body quick. Wouldn't have thought vomiting would be a side effect. I know Jasper has had a raw lamb neck and vomited a piece of bone the next day that he hadnt chomped but I find that unlikely with a chicken wing since they are very soft and pliable bones that are easy to digest.
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

It does sound as though Toby has just had too much to eat alongside the excitement / stimulation of the puppy class. If he is having a lot of treats at puppy class, I would be inclined not to feed him anything else before bedtime. However, if he continues to be sick and/or suffers runny poo I would have him checked at the vet just to be sure that it is not some kind of tummy bug and not the amount of food.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Frederickdawg
First Name: Freddy
Dog #1: Tobias
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 07 Jul 2021

Post by Frederickdawg »

Yeah I tend to think it was too much food that day. Especially with all the treats he was getting during puppy training class. Then a chicken wing a few hours later that evening. He’s all good since. Although he hasn’t pood today. Edit. He did an hour ago. Nice sized.
Female black and silver mini born 15.1.14. Gone way too soon. RIP my sweet darling Sept 28 2021 😭 we'll never forgot Cleo. You left a hole in our hearts.

Male black and silver mini born 7.7.21, you naughty boy Tobias. :p “time for jail “. ( crate ).