Forum Facebook page

Thought of something to make the forum better. Then please share. We welcome suggestions to improve the forum.
Lotties Ma
First Name: Marie
Dog #1: Lottie
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 11 Oct 2011

Re: Forum Facebook page

Post by Lotties Ma »

artynadia wrote:
nessclair wrote:Dean, I want to say thank you for all the hard work that you put into the forum, and in making it an informative and fun place. I would miss it if it weren't here!
Donald wrote:Given that I detest Facebook - well done!

Not that I don't use FB - but I'd rather not have to.
Here, here, from me too.

Here, here!
Steffi crossed the rainbow bridge 05.08.11
Thank you for the years of joy.
hula-hoop
First Name: sara
Dog #1: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jun 2010

Post by hula-hoop »

Oh dear...I hope we dont lose too many member over this :(

We need to use the forum to keep it alive
Stanley ratbag - s & p mini born 4/6/10
HighPeaker

Post by HighPeaker »

Oh dear, it's a shame about the FB page. It's easier just to dip in and out for a quick chat and easier for posting photos, but I still like popping in here to read posts too when I have more time. I have to confess I've not posted much here of late though as I'm an avid photo poster and it takes me ages to upload to Photobucket and download again here.

Still, I don't want to rock the boat and moan too much as it's not me putting in all the hard work of running these forums and pages. It's a bit embarrassing though as I've just recommended to someone I met recently with three minis to join the FB group (she's more of a FB fan) and now it's been closed.
Sianny
First Name: Sian
Dog #1: Ralphy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 12 Feb 2009
Dog #2: George
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 25 Mar 2011

Post by Sianny »

Hello,

My Mother loved the Schnauzer Forum group on Facebook, it became our talking point on our daily phone call! I really liked it myself too (I viewed it as Ralphy and George).

A solution to this would have been to change the FB page name to "We love Schnauzers of all shapes and sizes" <-- or something more catchy :ymblushing: , but not mentioning or affiliated to the name "schnauzer-forum", ask someone else to look after it and there you go - your hands are clean and your problem is solved.

I understand the point of people needing to share information for searchability with the big issues but people also like disposable, easy to click "like" cooing over pictures day to day just for a giggle without having to log in to somewhere seperately. It's nice escapism.

The people who prefer the format of this forum will never stop posting here, and equally for the Facebook page. It's a real shame it's gone.

The Facebook page was an additional aspect to making this forum accessible and easy to use so perhaps taking away the group is a backwards step, and the forum will be even quieter if you've got people's backs up, doi! %-(

I think you need to reinstate the group and eat humble pie. Also, to spread awareness of rare conditions, get hashtagging on Twitter! People use the #schnauzergang quite a bit. You moved with the times, Dean, please stay with the times :D
Follow Ralphy on Facebook (occasionally featuring George) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralphy-th ... 9952249008
MieleMoo
First Name: Nik
Dog #1: Miele
is a: Black Std Bitch
Born: 28 Jun 2011

Post by MieleMoo »

I posted a question on the main forum and no one responded that wouldn't have happened a year ago, FB is killing a valuable resource and library.
Miele: 28/06/2011
My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained
nickycaplan

Post by nickycaplan »

I found it easier to just post on the fb page with updates and pictures as my photobucket is playing up and I cant post pictures of my gorgeous girl as easily on here anymore - I still check in on here and it has been invaluable in giving advice etc but sometimes I really sigh when I read a thread that gets heated as I just cant be doing with how some people really lecture on here - ie its their way or no way.

I will miss the fb page to be honest, so have joined another on there to catch up and chat etc.

I will still check in on here and like to see all the new members that are joining over the past few months :-bd
schnauzer lover...dog artist www.nickycaplan.com
freyas mum
Puppy
First Name: Jane
Dog #1: Freya
Born: 04 Jun 2010
Dog #2: Hetty
is a: B/S Mini Bitch
Born: 15 Feb 2017

Post by freyas mum »

i joined the forums nearly 3 years ago.. when we bought home our first schnauzer puppy, :o3 i am not a regular user but do browse from time to time..and enjoy reading about everything schnauzer!.. :o3 i have recently found my schnauzer's sibling on here too, so was looking forward to being a more active member, i only found the facebook page yesterday!! and was looking forward to using it more regularly as am a regular FB user and prefer the atmosphere and layout it offers.. i had tried several times to upload pictures to the forums of my schnauzer but found it difficult and never managed to post pictures.. :( however, yesterday for the first time was able to post a picture on your facebook page :-bd and was looking forward to being a more active member of the forums over on the easier to use page on FB.. am saddened to see on logging on today that the page seems to have closed and that my activity on it yesterday was so short-lived. :(
snute2008
Puppy
First Name: Simon
Dog #1: Pip
Born: 28 Sep 2008
Dog #2: Holly
Born: 21 Nov 2007

Post by snute2008 »

Can I please take over the Facebook page? I run pages for a couple of other organisations / charities and have the time and skills. If I can please PM me.
daisys_mummy

Post by daisys_mummy »

http://www.schnauzer-forum.co.uk

Everyones moved over here now, well almost :) You can get your Schnauzer fix here :D
Don't despair people!
Robert Lockwood
First Name: ROBERT

Post by Robert Lockwood »

daisys_mummy wrote:http://www.schnauzer-forum.co.uk

Everyones moved over here now, well almost :) You can get your Schnauzer fix here :D
Don't despair people!
The web address is wrong ? :-\
Maybe it's just a 'technical glitch' ? :D
snute2008
Puppy
First Name: Simon
Dog #1: Pip
Born: 28 Sep 2008
Dog #2: Holly
Born: 21 Nov 2007

Post by snute2008 »

It was right a little while ago as I joined from it.

Maybe it was removed !!

Big thanks to those that have taken it on or started a new one.
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
is a: Black Giant Dog
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

Does anyone actually own this forum? What does the original owner think?

I can't believe perfectly polite non abusive posts have been removed by the admin team. I'm sure this one will disappear too!

Really not impressed by it all.

X(
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

BBG wrote:Does anyone actually own this forum? What does the original owner think?

I can't believe perfectly polite non abusive posts have been removed by the admin team. I'm sure this one will disappear too!

Really not impressed by it all.

X(
Why would you think that this post would disappear???
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image
BBG
First Name: Gerri
Dog #1: Rufus
is a: Black Giant Dog
Dog #2: Eva
is a: Black Giant Bitch
Dog #3: Blaze
is a: Black Mini Dog

Post by BBG »

Because I'm being critical of whats going on around here. I think the whole thing could have been handled with a little more tact and understanding.

I understand the reasons behind shutting the fb page down, i just don't understand or like the way its been done. Or why you've removed Laurens posts linked to a schnauzer friends page she set up a long time ago, before the Forum fb page was ever conceived!
Eddie
First Name: Graham

Post by Eddie »

BBG wrote:Because I'm being critical of whats going on around here. I think the whole thing could have been handled with a little more tact and understanding.

I understand the reasons behind shutting the fb page down, i just don't understand or like the way its been done. Or why you've removed Laurens posts linked to a schnauzer friends page she set up a long time ago, before the Forum fb page was ever conceived!
I'm not sure how many ways I can explain things. The forum FB page was a mistake and we are very sorry. There are many schnauzer FB groups and Lauren's is one of them. We wish her well and those who enjoy FB will get as much satisfaction form that group as they did from the forum FB page.
We are a FORUM. We are different from FB. People will use whichever format they prefer. Stop trying to make us some sort of ogre who has destroyed your only source of enjoyment.
Graham, Judie, Eddie (19-03-07 to 25-07-12), Mouse, Daisy and little Reilly. Image