So envious and wishing I was in Guernsey

Had enough of your Schnauzer for one day. Then sit back, relax and put your feet up. You can let off a little steam here about things unrelated to your four-legged schnauzer.
Oscar 12345
First Name: Julie
Dog #1: Oscar RIP Sweety
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 21 Dec 2002
Dog #2: Otto
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 04 Jul 2017

So envious and wishing I was in Guernsey

Post by Oscar 12345 »

Not schnauzer related but saw a news item showing people on Guernsey living normal lives, drinking, laughing in the pub not a mask in sight. God, really envious seeing that. Looked fantastic.
Man cannot survive with wine alone...
we also need a schnauzer.
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: So envious and wishing I was in Guernsey

Post by Dawnspell »

Oh yes we've got the good life over here =))

All because everybody behaved and did as asked during the months full lockdown back in April, and all borders were closed. Our government also seemed to do everything right. It was actually eradicated for over 3 months but then border restrictions were slightly eased so now I think we've got 8 cases and its been a bit up and down for past few months, but no community seeding everyone self isolates and no one allowed out of isolation until they have negative test. Everyone coming in at that time had, and still has to isolate for 14 days. Anyone found not isolating got fine £3k or jail sentence, highest fine was £15k. People isolate =))

Jersey didnt get things right and kept borders open for tourism and came out of lockdown quicker, they had higher rates than UK before xmas.

At the moment locals are only allowed to leave or come back to the island for urgent reasons since the super strain. Only essential workers are allowed in but have to have permit. Anyone coming without permit get fined £10k. My OH had to go to Southampton hospital for an op in Sep. When he came back he had to stay in one room in the house for 14 days and got tested on arrival and on day 14 before being allowed out. He got checked up on too to make sure he was isolating.

So life is normal apart from not being able to leave the island but who would want to anyway at the minute :)) Yes, we can do real hugs and everything :ymhug:
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: So envious and wishing I was in Guernsey

Post by Dawnspell »

That's our honeymoon period over. 4 cases were discovered late last night not from incoming travellers and unknown source. A message was sent out this morning all gatherings banned. Then update at 12 noon that island is in full lockdown as of 12 noon today of indeterminate period of time to be reviewed in 2 weeks. No house mixing / bubbles, everything closed other than essential food etc.

Nothing like acting quick, full lockdown in less than 24 hrs of positive cases :-o I had to take my son to work at waitrose this morning and people were just social distancing of their own accord before lockdown which is a good sign ;)
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"