Hello everyone

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Uberas
Puppy
First Name: Kamil

Hello everyone

Post by Uberas »

Here’s my oldie (11yo) Wawel
His favourite sentence is:
“Feed me!”
Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Hi there, welcome! Lol Wawel has his own place at the table 😂 He is a very good looking 11YO 😊 It's amazing how youthful they look and act. My girl in my avatar was 12YO in that pic.
Uberas
Puppy

Post by Uberas »

Schnauzerluv wrote: 19 May 2021, 22:01 Hi there, welcome! Lol Wawel has his own place at the table 😂 He is a very good looking 11YO 😊 It's amazing how youthful they look and act. My girl in my avatar was 12YO in that pic.
In his dreams, sometimes he just sucks up to someone 😅
To be perfectly honest, unfortunately we rarely see him like this - this year his old age is very noticeable, he sleeps a lot, practically doesn't want to play anymore and we have to limit our walks because he is out of shape :(

This is his more current look..
She looks even younger, too bad she's no longer with us 😭
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Lovely to see pictures of Wawel :)

Older dogs do sleep a lot more but it is good for them to have some exercise every day and maybe try a treat challenge toy rather than a game to keep his brain active and have some fun. This is a link to the Nina Ottosson range which are very good but you can get other brands too:

https://www.nina-ottosson.com/

Our dogs love to search out treats hidden in these or you can just use old paper kitchen roll tubes or egg cartons or empty yogurt cartons - any thing to hide a special treat such as a dried sprat or even just some of his kibble if he enjoys his regular food. You can also do a kibble trail in your garden just putting a few pieces around for Wawel to search for them. Even this can be fun for a mini schnauzer. Make sure not to over feed with treats or use some of his daily ration although Wawel does not look overweight in the photos so a little extra may not matter :)

This is a photo of our 11 year old mini, Magic, looking for treats in a challenge game toy. She has turned it upside down to check there is nothing underneath =))

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Uberas
Puppy

Post by Uberas »

zeta1454 wrote: 20 May 2021, 09:36 Older dogs do sleep a lot more but it is good for them to have some exercise every day and maybe try a treat challenge toy rather than a game to keep his brain active and have some fun. This is a link to the Nina Ottosson range which are very good but you can get other brands too:
If I was his age I'd probably do that too haha. The worst thing is that you have to watch him all the time - he lies in direct sunlight which can cause a stroke.
zeta1454 wrote: 20 May 2021, 09:36 Our dogs love to search out treats hidden in these or you can just use old paper kitchen roll tubes or egg cartons or empty yogurt cartons - any thing to hide a special treat such as a dried sprat or even just some of his kibble if he enjoys his regular food. You can also do a kibble trail in your garden just putting a few pieces around for Wawel to search for them. Even this can be fun for a mini schnauzer. Make sure not to over feed with treats or use some of his daily ration although Wawel does not look overweight in the photos so a little extra may not matter :)
Wawel is a dog which never liked to play, he is rather a couch potato - once I tried to play with him using the mentioned method with yoghurt - he was afraid of the sound it made :)
He was also in critical condition after being bitten by a tick 3 or 4 times and despite using bayer drops, I am afraid to even venture into the backyard with him because we live near a forest. We only go for long walks on the pavement :(