Lord

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
Lord
Puppy
First Name: Kostis

Lord

Post by Lord »

Hey there everyone. My name is K and I am starting my research on black miniature schnauzers. I want to learn more about the breed and breeders etc before I make my choice. I will be looking for a Black girl, that I plan to show in specialties -at the very least. Of course the dog will be my pet so I need a stable character. Any advices where to start and what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I live in the US but I am originally from Greece so pardon my English please
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Re: Lord

Post by zeta1454 »

Welcome to the Forum Kostis :)

This Forum is U.K. based so there are not as many members here from the USA who may be able to give you more specific advice. In the U.K. there are far fewer black miniature schnauzers than the pepper and salt colouring and this may be the same in the U.S.A. which will mean you may have to be very patient and willing to travel to get a well bred healthy puppy.

If you are planning on showing, you do need to establish a good relationship with a breeder who also shows and has experience and advice to support you along the way. One of the best ways to meet breeders is either through a breed club or shows where you can get the chance to speak face to face with breeders and see their dogs.
There are a couple of links here which may help you. On the second link you will need to put in the name of the breed to get the contact details of the breed club:

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/lifes ... og-owners/

https://webapps.akc.org/club-search/#/national
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Lord
Puppy
First Name: Kostis

Post by Lord »

Thank you but I am not thinking of an akc kennel at this stage. I am willing to travel and I am patient. It thank you so much for taking the time to answer me. I really appreciate it
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

If you are planning on importing a miniature schnauzer from Europe, you will still need to establish a relationship with a breeder that you trust and have confidence in as regards the quality of their breeding. Many of the best kennels in every country of the world are likely to be importing a dog or a bitch at some time or other so breeders whose litters /dogs are registered with the AKC will still be able to advise on kennels or breeders abroad who they know and on the quality of their dogs. There are always worldwide networks of breeders who know about the best dogs in other countries and their breeding lines.

Although members on the Forum here can give general advice on getting a puppy or showing a dog, most members are not breeding or showing their miniature schnauzers either in the U.K. or USA so the most helpful information regarding this is likely to come from contacting breeders via the AKC initially. However, if you don’t want to join a breed club, the other way to meet breeders and talk with them about getting a show quality puppy is to attend as many shows as possible where miniature schnauzers are being judged and have a chat face to face. This gives you the opportunity to see their dogs and discuss their breeding lines which is better than just talking with them over the phone or online. There will be shows across through USA during the coming months and they will be worth travelling to in order to see the dogs and meet the breeders.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/