Hello there

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your Schnauzer to the rest of the members of the forum. A photo of your Schnauzer is always appreciated.

Moderators: GaryThomlinson, zeta1454, Dawnspell

Forum rules
Please do not post questions regarding your dog here. This area allows people to introduce themselves and get to know other members of the forum. Any specific issues can be raised in the appropriate section.
ycpg72
First Name: Yeney

Hello there

Post by ycpg72 »

Hi all, this is my new puppy, Daffy. she's 4 month old and loves to eat.
Thanks for accepting me in the forum.

Schnauzerluv
First Name: Kat
Dog #1: Ozzy
is a: B/S Mini Dog
Born: 30 Jul 2020
Dog #2: Lily
is a: Black Mini Bitch
Born: 12 Aug 2022

Re: Hello there

Post by Schnauzerluv »

Welcome Yeney and Daffy! Look at that gorgeous girl! She is growing so fast isn't she? Good nutrition for a growing girl!
zeta1454
First Name: Leigh
Dog #1: Magic
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Apr 2010
Dog #2: Trilby
Born: 15 Mar 2012
Dog #3: Pip
Born: 21 Feb 2014

Post by zeta1454 »

Welcome to the Forum :)
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

Magic - Silversocks Sharade at Darksprite
Trilby - Darksprite Rosa Bud

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/C ... 916994967/
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Post by Dawnspell »

Hi and Welcome
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"
John21
First Name: John

Post by John21 »

Hi I haven’t worked out how to post. Looking to buy this beatific young man today. I am happy with the questions I have asked the breeder but I have my own doubts as to the colour of the pups muzzle can anyone put my mind at rest if I post a photo?
zeta1454

Post by zeta1454 »

John21 wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 15:55 Hi I haven’t worked out how to post. Looking to buy this beatific young man today. I am happy with the questions I have asked the breeder but I have my own doubts as to the colour of the pups muzzle can anyone put my mind at rest if I post a photo?
Hi John and welcome to the Forum :)

As regards putting up a post if you go to the relevant section on the Board Index e.g. New Members and click on the tab labelled ‘New Topic’ this should allow you to post your own topic.

Re your question about the colour of the muzzle - what exactly were your doubts?

This is a photo of a pepper & salt mini puppy showing the muzzle - colour may vary a bit with P&S pups as to how dark or light they are:

On a general note, I would be very wary of buying a puppy from an online selling site unless you have met the breeder and seen the puppies with their mother hopefully on more than one occasion. Photos on online sites are too often stolen from other places and may not represent the actual puppies for sale. You do also need to have documentary proof of the health testing of both parents and litter screening for hereditary eye conditions where miniature schnauzer puppies are concerned. The Kennel Club and the schnauzer breed clubs also recommend that breeders provide DNA test results to show that the parent dogs are clear of the genes for MAC. It really is so important that anyone looking to buy a puppy finds a reputable, responsible breeder and online selling sites are not the best place to look for one. The financial and emotional cost of getting a puppy from a less reputable source can be great.

John21
First Name: John

Post by John21 »

Thanks so much for your reply. My concern was that he was not full breed due to the black area where I thought he would be white. The litter is not registered with KC but they have provided me with the dams KC number and the dads profile - they say was repeat mating. Dams second litter. They say they didn’t register this litter as the litter was 6 boys and one female. They say your only allowed six registrations and they were saving that for a litter with more females. Make sense to you do you think. They seen really genuine. I have a video call with them and send the mother interacting with the pups. They take payment by bank transfer. Don’t take deposits. And say they will provide puppy pack and ongoing support. Said they don’t usually do a puppy contract (as they are not binding) but are happy to write one up. Thanks
zeta1454

Post by zeta1454 »

John21 wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 18:03 Thanks so much for your reply. My concern was that he was not full breed due to the black area where I thought he would be white. The litter is not registered with KC but they have provided me with the dams KC number and the dads profile - they say was repeat mating. Dams second litter. They say they didn’t register this litter as the litter was 6 boys and one female. They say your only allowed six registrations and they were saving that for a litter with more females. Make sense to you do you think. They seen really genuine. I have a video call with them and send the mother interacting with the pups. They take payment by bank transfer. Don’t take deposits. And say they will provide puppy pack and ongoing support. Said they don’t usually do a puppy contract (as they are not binding) but are happy to write one up. Thanks
The concern re whether or not the puppy is a pure breed miniature schnauzer is really down to the fact that it sounds as though the father is not himself KC registered? You need to have the full KC registered name as well as number of both parent dogs as this means you can check online details such as health test results and (as long as the breeders don’t fail to register litters ) the number of litters each have had. If the father is not KC registered then the breeders could not register the litters anyway and you have no means of knowing if he is a purebred miniature schnauzer. Only puppies bred from two pure-bred KC registered parents can be registered themselves.

The other concern is that the limit on registering only 6 litters from a bitch is a welfare issue and only applies to licensed breeders under the Animal Welfare legislation. The Kennel Club has a limit of only 4 litters in total from a single bitch and most responsible breeders may prefer to have fewer as it is quite demanding in terms of health on the bitch. So, if these breeders were planning on breeding the Mum seven times or more, they would not seem to have her welfare as a priority.

The following are the only reasons the Kennel Club would not register a litter from pure-breed parents:

The dam has already whelped four litters, save in exceptional circumstances, and only provided the application is made prior to the mating and with veterinary evidence as to the suitability of the bitch involved in the proposed whelping and permission has been received, or

The dam has already reached the age of 8 years at the date of whelping, save in exceptional circumstances, and only provided the application is made prior to the mating, and the proposed dam has previously whelped at least one other registered litter and permission has been received. Any such application must be supported by veterinary evidence as to the suitability of the bitch involved in the proposed whelping, or,

The dam was under 1 year old at the time of mating, or

The offspring are the result of any mating between father and daughter, mother and son or brother and sister, save in exceptional circumstances or for scientifically proven welfare reasons and permission has been received, or

The dam has already had two litters delivered by caesarean section, save for scientifically proven welfare reasons, and only provided the application is made prior to the mating”

As I said previously, for any puppy you are paying a breeder for, you really need to have documentary evidence of health tests; the registration papers for the litter; the eye screening test results for the litter of pups; a Contract of Sale detailing parentage, microchip number of the puppy; evidence that the puppy has been vet checked before sale; details of any anti-parasite treatments and vaccinations if done; a commitment on the part of the breeder to take back the puppy at any time in its lifetime if circumstances mean the purchaser can no longer care for the puppy/dog…and more. Although some aspects of a comprehensive Contract may be difficult to enforce, a buyer is in a much better position to make a case against the breeders if necessary than with nothing!

Personally, I would not trust these breeders from what you have said. You really are best finding a good breeder before they have puppies and checking them out fully in person rather than searching online advertisements but, if you are using online sites, do make sure you get the relevant health test documents, registered names of parent dogs and a comprehensive Contract :)

There is more information regarding buying non-KC registered puppies on this post I put up here a few years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=20897